Friday, March 7, 2014

Adoption <3

       In 2012 my family started praying about adopting a baby girl from China. Praying for God's provision and trusting that He would move us in the direction that He willed for us. Months later we received a call from a friend saying that a baby boy, living just an hour away, needed a home. Knowing that this was God's will for our family we answered the call and said yes. 
        John William fit in to our family as well as any of us fit in; he was a perfect fit. He has been living with us for he past year and he will, hopefully, become a Malin in the near future. I cannot imagine my life without this little boy. My love for him has grown tremendously. He is now two years old and keeps my mom on her toes. Being very wary, in the beginning, of how this whole "big sister" ing was going to work; I know that this has grown me as a Christian and as a sister. 
         Our China adoption is still in play. We received a call from the China adoption agency with wonderful news. After waiting about 2 years of raising money, paperwork, and fingerprinting; they found a match. Although we still have a ways to go in the money raising process, we are ecstatic. With tears in my eyes, I know that this was meant to be. Questions run through my head. But I know that those questions don't matter to God. He is in control and will provide. Piper has a clefe lip/palate. Which causes her not to get the nourishment she needs to grow properly. She is sixteen months and weighs twelve pounds. She also has delayed motor skills. I will love her no matter what. 
          I think back on the beginning of this journey and remember how scared I was. Afraid that none of this would happen or that we wouldn't raise enough funds. But through it all, God has shown me that he is the provider. If it is his will he will make it happen. If you would like to help us in the process of bringing my baby sister home I posted the link to my moms blog down below. You may donate through the "Go fund me" tab. 

http://adoptiontheheartbeatofgod.blogspot.com 


Please keep Piper in your prayers. Thank you all for your support and prayers! Love you all! 



Piper Jade




John William 










No comments:

Post a Comment